Sunday, October 12, 2008

Potty Training


We had a potty training party this weekend. Jaxon and I went to Target on Thursday and loaded up on big boy underwear, salty snacks, and juice boxes for the big event. We started out that weekend by throwing out the diapers and going solely with big boy underwear. I thought this was going to be a lot easier than it was. It took over 36 hours to have one successful attempt to pee in the potty. Needless to say the quick potty training that I had envisioned was not a reality. My son is not one of the Baker boys. We will just keep plugging at it.

**Since we all know I back date I thought I would go ahead and put an update as of January 2nd. Jaxon is doing pretty well when it comes to using the potty. He finally is going both pee-pee and poop in the toilet. It took him a while to master the pooping. I finally had just given up and resorted to wearing pull ups, there was no way I could clean another pair of big boy underwear. Then one day he just got it. Now our biggest potty training issue is figuring out how to get him broken of the belief that everytime he poops in the potty means candy....

2 comments:

*CPA* Su said...

I SO remember getting candy for pooping...those were the days! HAHAHA!

Sharol said...

Now that you are experienced, can I send Andrew over?